Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Quiet Book

I finished a quiet book for my daughter. It's my 2nd try - I used the Simplicity pattern #3709, but made a few alterations and the 1st time I didn't like the results. But I am quite pleased this time. I didn't secure it the same way; instead I put 2 button holes on each page and put a large ring through them, so I can pass a page to a nearby child or add more pages from the ideas hidden in my head...

The cat has tiny jingle bells in the bow.

The butterfly's wings crinkle.
Each of the flowers come off the buttons.


The bird's nest contains a surprise of eggs.

The doghouse holds a cute dog on a ribbon.

The corn husk unzips.

A page for peek-a-boo.


And the cover I designed myself.

There are some great resources out there on the web. Homemade by Jill made a VERY cute book for her son, and has included templates on her blog to use for your own.
And check out the Craft Patch; I know this woman, and she has AMAZING things. She has made a fabric quiet book and a really neat magnetic book (on my someday list).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me?! I spent most of church on Sunday trying to find a tag on this quiet book so I could figure out where to get one of my own. You MADE this?! AMAZING! You're my hero and American Idol.

jennifer b clark said...

very cool, missy. someday...well, i shouldn't even say someday because by the time i get around to doing it my kids will be too old. awesome ideas.